Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2318

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
So it took me forever to finally get to painting up my Stitcher Hunters due to a number or reasons (weather, school, me being lazy), and when I did start, it took me forever to finish them (I need to seal them with Tamiya dullcote still, it was too windy today :S ). I made a fair deal of mistakes while painting, and had a deal of trouble with the skin (mostly because I didn't notice a few paint pigments in my base coat)on the faces. Overall not my best job, but they didn't turn out too shabby.

I didn't realize how out of focus center guy was when I took the picture. Sorry about that.



I think this guy turned out to be my favorite of the lot. I sculpted him a face mask because I thought it made him look a bit more eerie.

I had a really hard time getting a decent shot of this guy's face because of his pose - I assure you it looks much better in focus, haha.

This lady turned out pretty decent, aside from being a bit rough on her skin, I think she looks pretty good.


Thanks for looking! Comments and Criticism are certainly welcome!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2320

  • mjungledog
  • mjungledog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Caravaneer
  • Have Fun!
  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 14
  • Karma: 1
They look fantastic! Thanks for sharing...
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Manny
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2321

  • nasa911
  • nasa911's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rook
  • If it bleads we can kill it.
  • Posts: 337
  • Thank you received: 40
  • Karma: 6
Great work! Great minis!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2323

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2328

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Just what the doctor ordered!

I love what you did with the patches of skin...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2330

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Anton wrote:
Just what the doctor ordered!

I love what you did with the patches of skin...

Thanks Anton!

I think when I get a bit more painting time here my next project will be The Orderly and Administrator from the starter. I'm really excited to do the long coat on the orderly. I'm going to attempt to paint it to look like it was sewn from the skin of a lot of different people (and thus different hues and colors).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2333

  • robh
  • robh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Locust
  • Posts: 20
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 2
Sabotage! wrote:
I'm going to attempt to paint it to look like it was sewn from the skin of a lot of different people (and thus different hues and colors).

That's what I did on the KS Moreau version, then had to paint his skin a rotting green to try and get some contrast back into the figure. Not what I had really wanted to end up with but didn't think it through.

I look forward to seeing yours come out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2334

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
robh wrote:
Sabotage! wrote:
I'm going to attempt to paint it to look like it was sewn from the skin of a lot of different people (and thus different hues and colors).

That's what I did on the KS Moreau version, then had to paint his skin a rotting green to try and get some contrast back into the figure. Not what I had really wanted to end up with but didn't think it through.

I look forward to seeing yours come out.

I saw the stitching on the figures coat and figured I had to give it a shot, I definitely could see how you could run into that situation though. Thanks for the heads up, I may have to plan this one out a bit in advance rather than paint as I go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 5 months ago #2339

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Sabotage! wrote:
robh wrote:
Sabotage! wrote:
I'm going to attempt to paint it to look like it was sewn from the skin of a lot of different people (and thus different hues and colors).

That's what I did on the KS Moreau version, then had to paint his skin a rotting green to try and get some contrast back into the figure. Not what I had really wanted to end up with but didn't think it through.

I look forward to seeing yours come out.

I saw the stitching on the figures coat and figured I had to give it a shot, I definitely could see how you could run into that situation though. Thanks for the heads up, I may have to plan this one out a bit in advance rather than paint as I go.

I think the contrast totally works as is. Robh, do you have your pictures up of the Dr. Moreau character?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 4 months ago #2344

  • robh
  • robh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Locust
  • Posts: 20
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 2
Anton wrote:
I think the contrast totally works as is. Robh, do you have your pictures up of the Dr. Moreau character?

Took a quick cell picture yesterday.
Added to this thread:
http://wreck-age.net/index.php/forum/6-modeling/841-robh-painted-models#2343

Contrast problem was an artistic one, I had a mixed flesh coloured coat, brown vest and flesh coloured skin. All merged together and lost the focus on any individual part. Repainting the skin green made it stand out but then I needed to tone the green by reworking the vest also. Very pleased with him now though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anton, Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 4 months ago #2347

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
I like that a lot Robh, it looks quite good. I think the green skin suits him pretty well. Thanks for posting that up!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2429

  • icemansk
  • icemansk's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Locust
  • Posts: 37
  • Thank you received: 11
  • Karma: 3
Pictures are a bit dark, hard to see details. What I can see looks very nice.

Green seems to be the color of choice for Stitchers :) Someone paint some up as candy stripers! Damn, I think I will.
Ouch That Hurts...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2430

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
icemansk wrote:
Pictures are a bit dark, hard to see details. What I can see looks very nice.

Green seems to be the color of choice for Stitchers :) Someone paint some up as candy stripers! Damn, I think I will.

Sorry about that Icemansk, these are definitely not the best pictures I've taken. If I remember right I took them at sunset and had a hard time getting decent light in the house. Hopefully this next week I'll get some work in on the other two, and when I do I'll snag some new pictures of these guys.

Green does seem to be a popular choice, I was trying to go for really muted colors (all the basecoat blue, green, and grey I used were mixed with black to darken them). Candy-stripers would be hilarious, you could get some real "Barber-Chirgeon," vibe going.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2436

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
icemansk wrote:
Pictures are a bit dark, hard to see details. What I can see looks very nice.

Green seems to be the color of choice for Stitchers :) Someone paint some up as candy stripers! Damn, I think I will.

I'd encourage you to do it, but then we'll have have someone doing my little pony stitchers before we know it...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2437

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Sabotage! wrote:
icemansk wrote:
Pictures are a bit dark, hard to see details. What I can see looks very nice.

Green seems to be the color of choice for Stitchers :) Someone paint some up as candy stripers! Damn, I think I will.

Sorry about that Icemansk, these are definitely not the best pictures I've taken. If I remember right I took them at sunset and had a hard time getting decent light in the house. Hopefully this next week I'll get some work in on the other two, and when I do I'll snag some new pictures of these guys.

Green does seem to be a popular choice, I was trying to go for really muted colors (all the basecoat blue, green, and grey I used were mixed with black to darken them). Candy-stripers would be hilarious, you could get some real "Barber-Chirgeon," vibe going.

I think that bad pictures are better than no pictures.

Outdoors on a cloudy day are generally best for taking good, naturally lit pictures, but honestly, make due with what you've got.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2439

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Anton wrote:

I'd encourage you to do it, but then we'll have have someone doing my little pony stitchers before we know it...

I laughed out loud when I saw this, the sad thing is that you are probably right. I'm actually taking some pictures for another project I'm finishing up tonight, so I'll see if I can get some better ones.

My current living location has ruined natural light from me. Coming from western Washington it was great, as almost everyday was overcast. In eastern Washington it's quite the opposite.....the town I live in at the moment brags of 320 days of sunshine a year (very very intense sunshine too). Some people love it I guess, but it's not really for me (nor are 105 degree days).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2441

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Alright, here are a few better pictures (though not great- I don't have a decent set up here). I also didn't notice when I took the pictures, but the models have a bit of dust and a few tiny pieces of pluck foam residue on them.


The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2442

  • nasa911
  • nasa911's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rook
  • If it bleads we can kill it.
  • Posts: 337
  • Thank you received: 40
  • Karma: 6
I think they look great! Way better than table top standard! Great job!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2444

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Thanks Nasa, I really appreciate that!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anton

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2445

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Looking great!

Have you gotten a chance to get some games in yet?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2446

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Thanks Anton!

I haven't unfortunately, I am waiting to try some of the boxed set scenarios with my fiance - I figure an introductory product would be better to get her hooked.

On another note though, the other week I tried a game of Mordheim with two buddies I am playing D&D with, and they loved it (it was both of their first miniature game ever). So there is a good chance I can get them to play a few, since Wreck-Age has strong-roleplaying aspects, and in my opinion is better for narrative games than Mordheim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2462

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Sabotage! wrote:
Thanks Anton!

I haven't unfortunately, I am waiting to try some of the boxed set scenarios with my fiance - I figure an introductory product would be better to get her hooked.

On another note though, the other week I tried a game of Mordheim with two buddies I am playing D&D with, and they loved it (it was both of their first miniature game ever). So there is a good chance I can get them to play a few, since Wreck-Age has strong-roleplaying aspects, and in my opinion is better for narrative games than Mordheim.

Well, I'll make sure to get those starter box scenarios up soon then! I have them in word format right now (.doc), but I need to do the final layout so that they look pretty with all the stat lines and such laid out in front of you.

I'm very hopeful to get some of the people who were big mordheim fans to come over to Wreck Age. I definitely think that there is room for fun campaign play with it, but I'm hoping that we can develop it more over the next few months. I have plans, just don't have the time to do everything I want!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2464

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
That would be much appreciated, but take your time! I'm definitely looking forward to playing the intro scenarios, but right not I'm scrambling with so many things to do I can wait a few weeks, haha.

I think Mordheim to Wreck-Age would definitely a natural progression, it has many similar campaign elements, and though the scale is a bit different (generally smaller groups in Wreck-Age) they are both most certainly skirmish games. I think Wreck-Age has a bit stronger narrative theme (which I enjoy), as your group is smaller and more individual. A major plus of Wreck-Age comparatively is the rules, because of the group D6 rolling a large part of Mordheim's huge degree of randomness is negated. I think this is pretty nice, because I think you should be able to count on your strong melee guy to perform at least reasonably well in melee most of the time (barring the rare exceptionally bad roll). Single D6 resolution made things a bit too random, and critical hits far too common.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2484

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
I should have the layouts on the Showdown encounters done tomorrow, and I'll post them up as soon as they're done. They have been a lot of fun in the games we've played, and it ends up being fairly well balanced. It's also a slightly odd set-up, in which the Stitchers attack a Drifters encampment, then the Drifters retaliate and chase the Stitchers off. It's also built to be able to step up into to larger campaigns fairly easily. I'd love to see what people do with it.

I agree with you on the negatives of Mordheim, but that said, I do like the game a lot. In Wreck Age, if you want to create a crew of rabble, it's easy to get 8-10 at 100 RUs, but they will really suck and probably die a lot. I tried to make it so that the critical hits were more dependent on skill (rule of 6s) than on blind/dumb luck.

I really want to hear how your games go once you get a chance to get some more in, and I hope you appreciate some of the nuances that delayed everything so long. There was a ton of playtesting involved, and I really wanted to do a "ground up" approach that would suit the world that we built, and I really appreciate that you enjoy the narrative element. I can't wait to see the directions that people take it and run with it in. It's very exciting to put it out in the world and see where it goes.
Sabotage! wrote:
That would be much appreciated, but take your time! I'm definitely looking forward to playing the intro scenarios, but right not I'm scrambling with so many things to do I can wait a few weeks, haha.

I think Mordheim to Wreck-Age would definitely a natural progression, it has many similar campaign elements, and though the scale is a bit different (generally smaller groups in Wreck-Age) they are both most certainly skirmish games. I think Wreck-Age has a bit stronger narrative theme (which I enjoy), as your group is smaller and more individual. A major plus of Wreck-Age comparatively is the rules, because of the group D6 rolling a large part of Mordheim's huge degree of randomness is negated. I think this is pretty nice, because I think you should be able to count on your strong melee guy to perform at least reasonably well in melee most of the time (barring the rare exceptionally bad roll). Single D6 resolution made things a bit too random, and critical hits far too common.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2488

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Anton wrote:
I should have the layouts on the Showdown encounters done tomorrow, and I'll post them up as soon as they're done. They have been a lot of fun in the games we've played, and it ends up being fairly well balanced. It's also a slightly odd set-up, in which the Stitchers attack a Drifters encampment, then the Drifters retaliate and chase the Stitchers off. It's also built to be able to step up into to larger campaigns fairly easily. I'd love to see what people do with it.

I agree with you on the negatives of Mordheim, but that said, I do like the game a lot. In Wreck Age, if you want to create a crew of rabble, it's easy to get 8-10 at 100 RUs, but they will really suck and probably die a lot. I tried to make it so that the critical hits were more dependent on skill (rule of 6s) than on blind/dumb luck.

I really want to hear how your games go once you get a chance to get some more in, and I hope you appreciate some of the nuances that delayed everything so long. There was a ton of playtesting involved, and I really wanted to do a "ground up" approach that would suit the world that we built, and I really appreciate that you enjoy the narrative element. I can't wait to see the directions that people take it and run with it in. It's very exciting to put it out in the world and see where it goes.

Sounds really fun Anton! I'll look forward to giving it a shot! If I'm lucky I may actually have a bit of painting time this weekend, and I only have one model in queue in front of the last two Stitchers from the box set.

I really enjoy Mordheim a lot as well, it's probably my most played miniature game, but the rules tend to bit outdated in my opinion. I could imagine a group of 8-10 in a 100 RU game would be pretty weak individually, though it does give a lot of targets. I might have to try that idea out eventually. I think you did really well with the critical hits, one of the biggest problems with Mordheim was how quantity of Attacks was almost almost preferable to quality (because of the whole "better than a 15% chance to critically hit on any model" once you hit).

I'll definitely post a bit about my games when I am fortunate enough to get some in. It looks like early next month I'll be back home with a bit more free time and a lot more gaming buddies, so hopefully I can talk some of them into giving Wreck-Age a try. It's definitely a top-notch game, and you have done a great job on it thus far!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 2 months ago #2510

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
I typed out a long response, and my internet failed. The wonders of third world quality internet in a major metro US city.

Rabble crews can be a lot of fun to play, but expect your lines to crumble pretty quickly. 1 or 2 veterans can usually hold out against 8-10 green rabble-types, depending on the scenario and circumstances.

I'm glad to have the game out in the world. Let me know how your games go once you get a chance to get some in. I hope you have a great time with it!

Sabotage! wrote:
Anton wrote:
I should have the layouts on the Showdown encounters done tomorrow, and I'll post them up as soon as they're done. They have been a lot of fun in the games we've played, and it ends up being fairly well balanced. It's also a slightly odd set-up, in which the Stitchers attack a Drifters encampment, then the Drifters retaliate and chase the Stitchers off. It's also built to be able to step up into to larger campaigns fairly easily. I'd love to see what people do with it.

I agree with you on the negatives of Mordheim, but that said, I do like the game a lot. In Wreck Age, if you want to create a crew of rabble, it's easy to get 8-10 at 100 RUs, but they will really suck and probably die a lot. I tried to make it so that the critical hits were more dependent on skill (rule of 6s) than on blind/dumb luck.

I really want to hear how your games go once you get a chance to get some more in, and I hope you appreciate some of the nuances that delayed everything so long. There was a ton of playtesting involved, and I really wanted to do a "ground up" approach that would suit the world that we built, and I really appreciate that you enjoy the narrative element. I can't wait to see the directions that people take it and run with it in. It's very exciting to put it out in the world and see where it goes.

Sounds really fun Anton! I'll look forward to giving it a shot! If I'm lucky I may actually have a bit of painting time this weekend, and I only have one model in queue in front of the last two Stitchers from the box set.

I really enjoy Mordheim a lot as well, it's probably my most played miniature game, but the rules tend to bit outdated in my opinion. I could imagine a group of 8-10 in a 100 RU game would be pretty weak individually, though it does give a lot of targets. I might have to try that idea out eventually. I think you did really well with the critical hits, one of the biggest problems with Mordheim was how quantity of Attacks was almost almost preferable to quality (because of the whole "better than a 15% chance to critically hit on any model" once you hit).

I'll definitely post a bit about my games when I am fortunate enough to get some in. It looks like early next month I'll be back home with a bit more free time and a lot more gaming buddies, so hopefully I can talk some of them into giving Wreck-Age a try. It's definitely a top-notch game, and you have done a great job on it thus far!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 1 month ago #2541

  • msears
  • msears's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 488
  • Thank you received: 60
  • Karma: 6
The few times I have thrown out a bunch of cheap characters I found chaos was your friend, and molotovs are a good cheap option to dispense a bit of that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 1 month ago #2592

  • Brummie
  • Brummie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Locust
  • Posts: 30
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 1
Awesome job dude they look great :) I love the colour scheme can imagine them lurking in the shadows preparing to strike
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabotage!

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 1 month ago #2596

  • Sabotage!
  • Sabotage!'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Outrider
  • Posts: 87
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Karma: 5
Brummie wrote:
Awesome job dude they look great :) I love the colour scheme can imagine them lurking in the shadows preparing to strike

Thanks Brummie, I really appreciate it! I've just moved about on Sunday, so I've been pretty busy (though I did get to play the First scenario in the new Starter Box today), but I'm almost done getting things back in order. The Orderly and Administrator from the Stitcher Boxed set are the next to models in my painting queue, and I look forward to adding them to these guys.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabotage's Wreck-Age Log 3 years 1 month ago #2604

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Sabotage! wrote:
Brummie wrote:
Awesome job dude they look great :) I love the colour scheme can imagine them lurking in the shadows preparing to strike

Thanks Brummie, I really appreciate it! I've just moved about on Sunday, so I've been pretty busy (though I did get to play the First scenario in the new Starter Box today), but I'm almost done getting things back in order. The Orderly and Administrator from the Stitcher Boxed set are the next to models in my painting queue, and I look forward to adding them to these guys.

Are you painting the Showdown Stitchers the same color scheme?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Shop Links

Search the Shop

My Cart