Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crew Creation Clarification

Crew Creation Clarification 3 years 6 months ago #2179

  • Dragonslayer
  • Dragonslayer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Locust
  • Posts: 25
  • Thank you received: 16
  • Karma: 3
I have a couple of questions about crew creation that I wasn't clear on.

-Do generic templates gain faction traits/limitations (like old tech, and max fighting 3 for stakers) when taken in a faction crew?

-Do generic templates use faction specific weapon rarity when taken in a faction crew?

-Besides template training level, and weapon modifications is there anything else that RUs are spent on during crew creation?

-A trained character gets 2 skills. Can I take one skill at level two, or do I need to take two different skills?

-When a template specifies a shield as equipment is this only a basic +1 defense shield, or could a tower shield be chosen?
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Dragonslayer. Reason: found more questions
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crew Creation Clarification 3 years 6 months ago #2193

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Overseer
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 177
  • Karma: 12
Dragonslayer wrote:
I have a couple of questions about crew creation that I wasn't clear on.

-Do generic templates gain faction traits/limitations (like old tech, and max fighting 3 for stakers) when taken in a faction crew?

No. This is intentional, to prevent people from creating power gaming mixes that would be unusual and game-breaking. Most generic archetypes will make sense if you choose them in the way that they're intended, and will allow you to take the traits that match the faction accordingly. Now, if I missed something, or something seems un-fair or un-realistic, please let me know. I definitely haven't play tested every single combo, but I've tried to do due diligence with it. The idea here is to provide flexibility and allow people to both port their settings into our rules, and to give people a feel for factions in a non-linear way. Want to be a trader for the Reclaimers or Stitchers? There's an easy way to do it.
Dragonslayer wrote:
-Do generic templates use faction specific weapon rarity when taken in a faction crew?

Yes, in that case, they can gain access to equipment that the faction would have access to. They are, of course, a part of the faction, so they have the ability to tap their resources.
Dragonslayer wrote:
-Besides template training level, and weapon modifications is there anything else that RUs are spent on during crew creation?

Companion animals. There are plans for more things in the future, and a more detailed list of Community abilities and "tricks" as it may be, but that is something we want to develop more in depth after seeing how some of the things play out when we're not around to narrate every game. Since our baby just got put out in the world, we want to see how everyone plays it before adding too many additional elements.
Dragonslayer wrote:
-A trained character gets 2 skills. Can I take one skill at level two, or do I need to take two different skills?

Either or. Your choice.
Dragonslayer wrote:
-When a template specifies a shield as equipment is this only a basic +1 defense shield, or could a tower shield be chosen?

Basic shield is intended, but if you can make an argument for a tower shield, I'd say go for it. For example, a guard of a settlement would make sense to have one. A drifter in a fast-moving raiding party would not. The tower shield was something developed for a siege weaponry section that got removed since it wasn't quite ready, so it might feel a bit out of place in the equipment section as it stands right now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Shop Links

Search the Shop

My Cart